Somebody I used to Know

The first time I fell in love with a song by Gotye was on my first trip to Australia.  The song was called "Hearts A Mess," and it played through my head on repeat for those last few weeks of 2007 as Toff and I first tried to figure out how the heck we got ourselves into this mess.      

ooooo your hearts a mess
you won't admit to it
it makes no sense
but I'm desperate to connect
you can't live like this


How was I supposed to be in love with a boy in Australia, when I loved my family in the States so very much?  How was Toff supposed to be in love with a girl in Virginia when he had just bought a one way ticket to South America?  Oh, what a mess. 


love ain't fair
so there you are, my love.


Obviously, in the end, we figured it out.

And really, all I wanted to do just now was share this song with you, because Gotye has me hooked again.  But this time, it has nothing to do with my life.  I just like it, and thought maybe you would like it too.

Gotye (featuring Kimbra)  Somebody I Used to Know

Comments

  1. Hey Cara, I stumbled across your blog from FB. Definitely enjoyed reading your posts :)

    My American boyfriend and I split up a few weeks ago after over a year together. Long-distance got too hard when there was little financial security (I left my job to visit for 3 months) and his MMA ambitions could only be fulfilled in the States. It was heartbreaking but unfortunately he didn't see any way out. I guess it's true when they say people can fall in love so quickly and then fall out of love just as quickly.

    It makes me happy to see those couples from opposite sides of the world just tough it out in the name of love. You and Tosh have a beautiful relationship and I hope to experience that again one day :) <3

    Best of luck with your little one, and the cafe. I'll be sure to visit xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts