On Following Instructions...Literally


"Gentle rocking, patting, music or going for a walk are all soothing techniques that have been used for thousands of years to help settle an unsettled baby." 
-- Robin Barker, Baby Love




Rocking Trip to sleep the other night, this song popped into my head.  Now, it's become our go-to-bed anthem.  Tip-toe dancing through our dark, sleepy house at 3am, mouth pressed gently beside his soft, sweet baby head, softly humming and singing so only he can hear me.  Until the house is quiet once more.


I've got a hunger
Twisting my stomach into knots.

My brain's repeating
"If you've got an impulse let it out"
But they never make it past my mouth.

Bop ba,Bop ba, this is the sound of settling 
Bop ba, Bop ba
Bop ba,Bop ba, this is the sound of settling 
Bop ba, Bop ba




Our youth is fleeting,
Old age is just around the bend.

Comments

Popular Posts