The Full Story


Toff walked up to me that Saturday morning, and as he rounded the corner with a semi-psychotic smile on his face, I knew. I knew we got it. And then I broke down. This is the second time this year I have turned into an indecipherable crying-laughing, slightly-hysterical mess, beet-red faced and unable to control myself. Always, it seems, I am somewhere public at the time.

Since I was too much of a nervous wreck to go to the auction myself, here is the story as relayed to me via Toff:

It began with a full 15 minutes of legal mumbo-jumbo. Stuff that surely no one really understands - the variable small print at the bottom of a letter from the bank. And then the auction began. There were just a few other people there - we heard there was going to be some competition from someone who wanted to start a Tattoo parlour and another with an arts & crafts store. The bidding opened, and no one bid. Numbers were thrown around, and the auctioneer puts a vendors bid on the building. And then the property is passed in, meaning bidding is closed - it's over. And Toff thinks, "oh well, that's it, we didn't get it."  And Jen turns to him and says, "No Toff, we got it."

"It's ours."

Apparently Dean, with one little sly wink to the Realtor, motioned to put a bid in. A ridiculously low bid, but since it was the highest bid when the auction closed, he then got the privilege of negotiating a price with the owners. 

So here we go. Next adventure begun.



Oh! And the closing is September 12, 2 days before our due date. And I'm pretty sure baby could feel my nervousness/excitement because it was dancing around like crazy all day.

Comments

Popular Posts