Technologically Savvy



...and I had to google both of those words to make sure I spelled them correctly :)

In any case - I'm not quite sure if you are aware of just how technologically savvy we are getting over here in the aus-usa household! We have a macbook. We have an iPod touch. Most of the time we can figure out how to use them...

And now, we even have a new cell phone! With a touch screen! (note: are you aware that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a phone without a touch screen nowadays? Walk into a phone store, and try to find something that is just a PHONE. ...impossible) Yes, we are still sharing one phone between us...and we were quite sure our new phone was broken when it wouldn't turn on after the first time we charged it, and almost brought it back to the store...turns out what we thought was the power key, is not actually the power key...woopsies. BUT it is still a phone with a 5 mega pixel camera. Five. My first camera had only 5.3. So without further ado, check out these photos I took with my phone! (And yes....I am aware that we are about 3.5 years too late to be getting excited over a phone that takes photos...but let's just enjoy this momentary lapse into a moment everyone else experienced then, shall we?) Another side note: next time you feel like having a little fun when you're trying to set up an account with someone, tell them you don't have a cell phone. This is especially fun at banks because most of them require a cell phone so they can send you a text message.

I've been getting more tired as of late. I mean the "sleep until 10 and still take a 3 hour nap" kind of tired. So last Saturday, I took a 3 hour nap. And my lovely husband, who only has so much energy so he can work on his ever growing list of projects to complete, did this:

New bi-fold doors to keep in the heat from our new Potbelly!

Ta-da! And isn't that photo lovely?! (Go ahead...humor me.) I have another I would like to share...and because I couldn't find the minuscule cord to connect the phone to the computer all week, you'll just have to get one long-ass post all at once, instead of 2 reasonably sized ones on different days.

Monday was our 1 year anniversary. How crazy is that?! Who could possibly believe that it was an entire year ago when we stood, barefoot on the beach while the winter sun came out as we said "I do." It's been a big year (..and getting BIGGER....ha!) We spent the brisk, clear autumn-like day cruising around the Adelaide Hills. We had a coffee at a cute cafe in Stirling, then took off to Hahndorf, a touristy little German town. Walking past one shop we stopped to look at the menu, and there on the coffee list was a drink called a Horchata! Now, because I realize that the songs that I get excited about and love, are most often NOT songs that anyone else has even picked up on their radar, just pretend that you love this song by Vampire Weekend called....(trumpets please)....Horchata! So we went in and I had to order one:


In December drinking horchata
I'd look psychotic in a Balaclava

It was a delicious caramel/white hot chocolate. Horchata! Yay! (also: it's a really good song, google it.)

But here's the thing: after the barista told us she didn't actually know where "horchata" came from, we went home and googled it. Turns out...the drink is nothing like a caramel/white hot chocolate! Impostor! It's a drink commonly found in Spain and South America made of sweetened rice or almond milk, AND, it is served cold! Whatever. Someone still made my day by having it on their menu. And it was delicious and warm and sweet. And when we sat down with it at our table, a girl one table over stared at my belly and said, "woah!" under her breath. But I still heard her. We were the only other people in there.


Comments

  1. I can't believe you got a phone WITH a touch screen AND a camera! I might faint. And way to go Toff! I can't wait to see ALL the changes :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts