Confessions

I confess.

I woke up this morning, and after my glass of water and my glass of juice, opened the cabinet...and seriously considered pulling out the bag of Doritos instead of the box of Omega 3 really-good-for-your-growing-belly/baby cereal. ...

Maybe I'm finally getting pregnancy cravings?

I haven't craved anything for the past few months. In fact, eating is quite a challenge, as there is simply nothing I FEEL like eating most of the time. I even went through one sad, torturous month where I was always hungry, but couldn't seem to find anything that I could stand to put in my mouth.

I brought up this worry with Toff yesterday. Because I know I should be eating (and, quite honestly, was REALLY excited about being pregnant and what that meant about food. For some reason pregnancy cravings in my mind would make every thing I ate taste as good as it did when you were hanging out at Devon Lane after a party and somebody ordered Chanellos...). But it is HARD to eat when nothing tastes good. And Toff, because he is my #1 cheerleader, told me not to worry, to listen to my body, and "hey, you've never been a big eater anyway." .....um 'scuse me??? Apparently dude doesn't remember our first 10 or so dates when he couldn't stop remarking on how much I ate! for a girl.

So opening that little white door this morning, and seeing that little curled up half-eaten bag of Doritos, I thought, "YES! Maybe I am CRAVING something! Finally!"

But surely 10am is too early to eat junk food.

But 11am isn't. And that little crinkly orange bag sits beside me. Conquered.

xo
Cara

Comments

Popular Posts