Two Thousand Eleven.

One of my favorite blogs - dearbabyblog.com - just posted a sort of review-in-pictures of the past year.  And I loved it so much that I decided to do my own!

So I casually clicked on the iPhoto icon that hops happily on the bottom of our screen, and headed back to my January folders to see what photo I would choose for that particular month.  In January last year we decided to line our shed for Toff and I to have as a bedroom:

January



And we foolishly thought that would be the BIGGEST THING WE DID.  All.  Year.

As I sat looking at those photos of the shed project, it suddenly hit me.  We are ridiculous people.  You see, this year, what we thought was going to be the 'biggest' thing, was barely even a 'small' thing on our yearly-radar.  This year we have survived another Vintage with our other 6 IHOP roommates.  Discovered we were having a baby.  Went on a vacation to the States for 5 weeks.  Bought a house.  Came back to Aus and saw an 80 year old building for sale.  Sold the house in the states so we could afford to renovate said 80 year old building and start a business in it.  Had that baby.  Opened a new business.

???

Now, I realize that for any other normal person, any ONE of those events would have been enough to mark a year.  But for us?  Nah.  We're only satisfied with squeezing 4 years of activities into one.  But, as Toff says, "hey, at least we're not bored."  And as I say....we have never claimed to be normal.

Here are some pictures.  

February

Wine tasting with friends.  Also:  Toff and I announce to everyone that we're having a baaaaaby.

March

First annual IHOP St Patricks Day Giggle fest.  All 8 of the roommates sat on floors, counters and bean bags, laughing for a solid hour.
I love these people.  I love that our little house is Home to so many.  

April

Meeting up with Liam and Aelisa when we were all 4 on the East Coast at the same time.

May

The very last photo of Mimi as a McNergney.  The most beautiful bride in the world.


Blessed with amazing friends in both of our countries.


The house we owned.  For less than 3 months.

June

What the shop looked like on our first visit.
Toff sees these photos now, and says, "HOW did I ever think that we could make THAT into something?"

Oh, but we did.

July

Growing baby.  Growing belly.

August

The Wild American Aunt Kiki hits Port Willunga

And a few weeks later, Aimee "Memay" Newcomb comes on down to stay for 7 weeks too

September

September 10

September 14
(Just incase you forgot how beautiful this picture is...I love it)

October

Baby.  Oh.  Hi little love.
Toff meets with our builder, Terry to get this project rolling.

November

Babys grow.

A trip to Melbourne to visit the US Embassy with Trip

December.

Home Grain Bakery.  Open for business.

Whew.  Is anyone else tired just LOOKING at that?  The most remarkable thing to me, is that Toff and I both still like each other.

And you know what?

Somehow, I don't see that being the last big year we have.  One day, it might even seem like a small one.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

  1. Every year will have it's special BIG moments, you don't have to top any...just enjoy all of them:) But I'm pretty sure you already know that:D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts