Date Night

Toff had to work Saturday night, so Trip took his ol' Mum on a date!

Sure, I paid for everything....
and had to fight him for a sip of MY drink....
and stood by helplessly as he smiled and flirted shamelessly with every single man, woman & child in the fish & chips shop...

But in return I got a peaceful oceanside dinner with my favorite non-baby.  How far we've come in just 17 months!  I am constantly amazed by this child and how quickly life with him seems to change.  Taking Trip for dinner in the sand all by myself long past his usual bedtime would have seemed like a really (really) bad idea not all that long ago.  But instead, it was quite easy.  Easy and pleasant and one for the photo album/memory bank for sure.

Here's a photo.


Dinner for 2 (and I had to share some of my half with Trip!  Little man can EAT!)


Oh. Hi, belly!



Well this explains the particular sandiness of my fish....



Teaching Trip to say, "No birds!  None for you!"

...and here he is yelling at those same sea gulls.













xox
Cara

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts