Birthday!

Um, excuse me.

I was wondering if you could answer a question for me.

Do you know what happened to the past three years?

No?



Me neither.
But they must have gone somewhere!  Because this year I turned 27 (and by "this year," I mean "yesterday.") All of a sudden I am 27.  I'm married and I own a business and I have a 1 1/2 year old son and a -2 month old son or daughter.  Oh!  And I live in Australia.

But just incase you were worried....I'm still just as mature as I ever was.  I still like to sit in boxes.


Pretending to go for a toboggan ride in my box!

So maybe that doesn't really look like a box in that photo, so much as a flat piece of cardboard.  But it is a box!  I promise.  Here are some photos of it, as a box.  Still wrapped up and ready to be opened for my birthday:

Wrapping paper custom made by Trip!

It's a box!  I'm so excited!

I wasn't expecting a big present.  I was expecting to wake up and get Trip ready for day care like every other Monday.  I was prepared to head into work for a little while and just to escape for a nice lunch with Toff.  But instead, I woke up to Toff still home (normally he leaves for work 1 or 2 hours before I even wake up!) and a big box on the table.

I love the little baby face peeking in :)

Hello Yourself, you sexy little machine.


Big brother, little brother!

I got a compuuuuutterrr!!  Hooray!!!  Look how shiny!  Look how BIG!  And I suppose because I haven't actually owned a desktop in a good decade or so, I was super surprise to discover that this was it.  There is no tower or other equipment.  All this machine needs to function is what you see here (minus the little-brother-laptop, of course).  Is any one else's mind totally blown???  I couldn't believe it!  How crazy!!!  

Unfortunately, you know the worst part about getting such a nice gift?  I am left with a list of new things I need to buy to go along with it!  

Such as:
  • a desk chair
  • a table lamp
  • someway of keeping the baby away from it....(anyone have any ideas?)
  • a mouse pad (when was the last time you had a MOUSE PAD???? I'm totally excited to buy a cute one with Trip's picture on it or something.  Hahaha.)
  • a new house
See?  The list just keeps growing.  But this machine is simply too nice for this house.  It trumps every other item in here, by far.  So the only solution is that it belongs in a new house.  Obviously.

...and that is how, ladies and gentlemen, you convince your husband to give you only cookbooks and flowers for every other birthday you celebrate for the rest of your life.  Incase you were wondering.  

Also:  I am a little bit concerned over what this says about us on the regular people to hipster scale.  I'm afraid it tilts us a little too close to the hipster side for my liking.  Evidence:  I have wooden sunglasses (made out of recycled skate boards no less!  A christmas present from Toff's mum.) And in one corner of our living room we have a new iMac...but in the other is a record player. 

That's all for now, dear fellows, here's to the next three years and all they bring! I would love to wish that they won't pass as quickly as these past three, but somehow I think that's a bet I'm going to lose.

xo
Cara



 



Comments

Popular Posts