Newsprint

Baby #1 Update:

Trip is 13 1/2 months old.  Every morning I go in to get him out of bed, and I say, "um, excuse me.  I do not think that your feet were this far away from your head last night....have you been growing again?"  And he says, "BOO!  Boo!  Boo!  Boo."  Because that is his new favorite word.  He even relatively understands the meaning and uses it rather appropriately.  When you peak your head around a door, "boo!"  And when he looks up and sees you when he didn't know you were there, "boo!"  And if he is not using his favorite word, you can be pretty sure that he is babbling along with a various string of other words that sound like they could almost be real.  And then he looks up at you with a face that says, "why aren't you answering me? I asked you a question."  This kid is already so talkative, and he can't even talk yet!

Also, climbing.  For a baby that still won't walk more than a spattering of steps here and there because he doesn't have the confidence that he can make it the whole way without falling, he loves to climb!  

Evidence photo A:

Inspecting the cupboards

Evidence Photo B:


Excuse me sir, where do you think you're going?

Just incase you aren't sure what's happening in Photo B, that is Trip, 13 1/2 months old, climbing to the top of a six foot ladder.  And when I lifted him down and brought him to play somewhere else, he raced right back over to the ladder to climb it again.  Oh dear.

Baby #2 Update:




16 weeks.  Except this photo was taken last week, at 15.  Apparently we are really bad at taking weekly photos?  Oops.  I was supposed to take another one last night.  But instead I went out for drinks with a group of girls.  Which is, I think, the first time in....years....(YEARS?  Yes, I think it has actually been so long that I can't even count it in weeks or months) that I have gone out with someone who I am not a) related to, b) living with, or c) working with.  Which is more of an update on the Momma, not the baby, but for the foreseeable future the two of us are sharing just this one vessel, so I think the update can get a little blurred.  

Everyone asks me how I feel compared to last time.  And, surprisingly, it's been pretty much the same - we all expect the second time to be worse than the first.  Especially if you feel that you got off easy, you can't help but worry if this time you'll get hit with everything all at once.  It's been about four months of feeling nauseous without ever getting sick, and being so tired that I consider going to bed at 5pm.  Last time after four months I started feeling good.  Energized and curvy and happy (and hungry)!  Now those are the kind of pregnancy hormones that can stick around.  So I'm hoping that the good-feeling is here to stay.     

But back to the baby.  He or she is the size of an avocado this week, has fingerprints, and can clench his/her little fist.  Rock on little baby!  


Work Update:

HGB has now been open for 10 months, and this past week we closed the shop for one day so we could have new display cabinets installed (hurray).  We also got a new coffee machine and AirCon installed.  The coffee machine was a must, our last one was becoming unreliable, and it is so easy and so crucial just to make good coffee!  The AirCon...also a must.  This summer is supposed to be a hot one, and with a 3 ton oven operating through most of the day a bakery is quite simply a HOT place to work.  So yay.  

And now, I hear someone waking up and saying "boo" down the hall.  So I'll leave you for now, with a picture of Trip blowing a kiss (his newest skill).  




I love it!

xox
Cara

Comments

Popular Posts