One Year Reunion.

Exactly one year ago today I was as nervous as I have ever been.

I have been stressed.  And I have been angry.  But never had I ever been that heart-racingly nervous.


13 Old Coach Road was going up for auction.

It was just an old building.  It was just an old building obviously in need of a lot of work.  But Toff and I drove past it one day, looked at each other, and thought, "BAKERY."  That building just needed to be a bakery.  It just made sense.  And so we started dreaming.  And talking to each other.  And eventually, talking to other people to try to see if they thought it was a good idea too.  I don't think anyone really thought it was that great of an idea, at first.  Sure, the idea sounded okay.  But for two people who have never owned a business before?  Or worked at a bakery?  Oh, and who are 4 months away from welcoming their first child?

...Have I mentioned lately that we are crazy?

But we couldn't stop dreaming and talking and planning.  And soon, everyone figured out that we were quite serious.  And by some happy miracle, we convinced our parents into helping us fund this little dream.  Either we are really good at business proposals, or they are just as crazy as we are.

But back to July 30th, 2011.

I was 7 1/2 months pregnant.  Toff was working two jobs so we could afford for me to have time off after the baby was born.  He woke up that Saturday morning and got ready to go to an auction for this old building with Jen and Dean.  And he asked me if I wanted to go, and I cried and said I couldn't.

And I sat at my computer and wrote this .

And the next day, I wrote this.

And a couple days after that, I wrote this.





And I haven't been nervous since.  

Comments

Popular Posts