Country Cousins

Last weekend these three little country mice made it all the way up to the big smoke for a few days of rain-soaked, city wandering fun.

We checked into a hotel and felt very much like the little country bumpkins we are.  Our favorite parts  - the ones we don't often get the chance to indulge in - were probably what most of you do on a daily basis.  We watched bad TV.  Ate our take-away dinner sitting cross-legged on the bed while the baby wandered happily around our temporary home.  Found cool new coffee shops and bars to spend our time at.  Enjoyed going to stores/restaurants/bars/coffeeshops/anything! we could walk to without having to deal with car seats and gas money.  Contemplated going to see a live band...and then remembered that the massive wheely thing we were pushing around with us actually contained a real, live baby who might not like such an activity.  And I took pictures of things other than the baby!

...Just kidding.

I didn't take a single picture of anything other than the baby.  I planned on it.  I love wandering around Adelaide taking pictures, there are quite a lot of pretty buildings, statues, and churches that make nice photos.  It used to be one of my favorite past times - what a cheap, easy way to occupy yourself in unknown territory for a day!  Well, I guess the view from my camera lens has changed a lot compared to six years ago when I first wandered Adelaide.  I like the view now though.  I really, really do.

On the train to the city.

Coffee stop rain-protected sleeping snuggly baby 

Who says monsters live under the bed?

Bath Time.  Still fun in someone else's bath tub.  

Baby on the floor.  In a bar.  
I am not even kidding when I say that those five photos are the ONLY ones I took the entire weekend.  On the plus side, if anyone in Trip's future needs ridiculously detailed photos of a him as a baby doing a ridiculous array of activities, I will have plenty of choices for them*.  You're welcome Trip's future partner, you're welcome.





*....you know, because they might want to make an embarrassing collage of photos for his 40th birthday or something....

Comments

Popular Posts