New Love

"When people hear these songs, or see the band live, the first thing they have to do is tell someone else."

The Head & The Heart - "Rivers & Roads

"There is in this music a counter-cultural optimism, with roots that grow deep and melodies that lodge themselves far into that place inside you where the head meets the heart."
--Heather Browne

Also:  Can I just tell you how I have yet to meet any musical act from the Pacific Northwest that I do not fall madly in love with?  

Also:  Last night we saw these guys open for Group Love.  Who were just as deliciously awesome live as I heard they were going to be.  None of my fantasies about being called onto stage and showing off how much I know about them all came true, but whatever, they still put on a fantastic, energetic and inspiring show.  (Hi Hannah, Christian, Ryan, Sean & Andrew...I love you.)  As an added bonus we got to be introduced to a great new band whose passion for music shined through every one of their heartfelt lyrics on each of their excited and smiling faces.  

Also:  I filled the memory card on my camera.  For the first time since we were in Thailand and had to use the computer next to the fruit shake and fried banana food cart to upload photos.  

More photos later.  For now, a song:

Group Love "Tongue Tied"

Also:  Kevin Patrick Sherman, if you are reading this, the drummer of Group Love plays the drums like you laugh - with his tongue out.  Ha! 
Also:  Brandy Somers, I thought of you when I noticed the odd grey spot in the drummers hair.  Love.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing some pictures to go along with the songs...hopefully there will be at least one shot of the people who were with you as well as your beautiful smiling, excited face:) I've already bought a Grouplove album and Gotye "Somebody that I used to Know" due to your influence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts