Portraits of Summer

Because sometimes, words escape me.

Because I used to carry a camera on my belt in high school.  And because Kiki doesn't really care if her computer crashes.  "But won't you be sad when you lose all of your pictures?"  "No.  I have yours!" 

Because I have been trying to sum up all of the things that I am oh-so-thankful for for far too long now.  So take a picture essay instead. 



A family portrait


Four Generations
From left to right:  3, 4, 2, 1 


An evening walk to the beach


And look! Another family portrait!


Sleepy baby face.  Paparazzi Mommy face.



Summer time hits Port Willunga


Sweet and sleepy, cute and cuddly...baby face!


And pudgy, perfect baby leg.


Things this list leaves out:  a mom and sister who dropped their lives to come live mine with me for a while. (and a father who stayed behind...because SOMEone has to work!  But whose words of wisdom stay with me.  Always.)  A down under family who continue to welcome me with open arms and hearts and homes.  



Toes...baby toes.  You've been on my mind for a long while, little baby toes.

Comments

  1. my heart just melts as i 'visit' with you. not anatomically correct terminology, but i am quite certain that you "get it". thank you for sharing such perfect joys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts