A Family Photo

I have this photo.

At first I didn’t want to share it with anyone. Looking at it only reminded me of how frustrated and angry I was at the time. I just wanted one photo. One sweet photo of me and my gorgeous little girls - all bright and colourful, dressed up for their weekly dance lesson. And instead of one sweet little photo, I got these shenanigans! Meggie looking all grumpy and emo, Charlie clinging to me and whining, and around us a gaggle of other kids - some of which were trying to perfect their against-the-wall handstands at the time.



Our life operates at a mild level of chaos at all times. I should have known that this photo would be no different. 




Once a few days had passed I looked at these photos again, hoping to find one good useable one. Instead of feeling frustrated and angry all over again, I just started to laugh as my heart started warming up to them. So we might not have gotten the idealistic group photo of a shiny, happy, perfect family. But what we did get is something so much more real to life. And in the end, these moments are the ones we will miss, and the ones I will try my hardest to remember. 

Because while this life may not be perfect, it is pretty damn good. And loud and chaotic and happy most of the time. And truthfully, I wouldn’t change it for the world. 




Comments

  1. Such a sweet snapshot of life ... The photos tell the same story as your words - the final pic made me smile too, as you laugh and embrace the chaos! (Love the rainbow dress, by the way!)
    Cheers, Meg x o

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts