Felipe

We have a mouse. His name is Felipe et il est tres petite!

We used to only see him every once in a while, but I think he is getting emboldened by the fact that he is still alive, and none of the scary humans that live here seem to be making any visible attempts to kill him. Every morning for the past 3 days he has scampered across the living room while I've been checking my email (typing and music-playing and generally not being terribly still or quiet). He doesn't seem terribly concerned. Is it weird that there are 8 people living here and apparently no one has thought to get rid of a mouse yet? Possibly. But has anyone in this house EVER claimed to be normal? I think not. Felipe gets a free pass because he's just so darn cute. And because he doesn't seem to be eating any food or leaving any droppings anywhere. Touch my food mouse, and you're a goner.

Speaking of weird happenings - I fainted for the first time yesterday! How exciting :)

I went to the Medicare office to get a medicare card (read: free Australian health care!) and was really only there for 25 minutes. And then I woke up on the floor with a nice man hovering over me saying, "you're okay, you're okay, you're okay," with my granola bar I was trying to eat when I started feeling dizzy still in my hand. And then a lady who said she was a nurse ran over and propped my feet up on some pillows. And then the store manager said, "you're not pregnant are you?" Because apparently this is something that happens when you're pregnant? Why is THAT not in what to expect when you're expecting? Huh? In any case, I took the chance to spoil myself on some food-court pasta and go see a crappy movie (No Strings Attached, which I can recommend if you're feeling like a chick flick, or you just fainted and need some time to relax before driving home. Especially if you live in Adelaide and they let you bring your ColdStone ice cream into the cinema with you.)

Felipe just poked his head out from under one of our couches (we have 4 by the way.)

Have a good day!
xo

Comments

Popular Posts