April Showers

How neat is it that April means rain coats and umbrellas and the sun peaking through clouds in both my northern hemisphere home, as well as my southern hemisphere one?? word.

I just heard some frickin' GREAT news! Toff and Rosie and Devon currently (as in right now, at this moment in time, NOT any time later...) are working their very last night shift! Vintage is winding down, and after being running 24/7 since about the middle of February, McLaren Vitners is going back to only running at non-nocturnal hours (dayturnal?). Not to say that it hasn't been interesting, making breakfast for the 3 of them at 6pm, and making dinner at 7am, going to movies at 8:45 when they've just woken up, and going for midnight swims on their night off, because to them, midnight is noon. But I am ready to have roommates again :) and not have to tip toe around the house because someone is always sleeping. so... YAY!

IHOP (the International House of People) has been the host to 4 couch surfers in the past 3 weeks. Woah! I don't know how or why or whatever, but we have gotten an innordinate amount of couch surfing requests these past few months, most of which I have said no to, because 6 people in one house is sometimes all it can hold. But first we hosted Dan, a half Mexican/German hitchhiking around Oz, then Alexis and Emilie, a french couple who used to live in Paris and held jobs where it was considered poor form to close your computer screen anytime before 10pm, and lastly (and currently) Chris, a Swedish globehopper with a North American accent. All have been great, and all have helped clean and cook, and Dan has promised to send me sea glass from around the world to add to my collection. And I think next week we have another one coming. And it's a real bummer because the one thing you HAVE to do when you visit the fleurieu penninsula in South Australia is visit one of McLaren Vale's dozens of wineries ... and someone just has to take them to her favorite one now don't they? ;-)

Last Friday was the Victory Hotel staff party. We went paint balling, lawn bowling (kind of like bocce?) and then up to the pub (since it was Good Friday it was closed) to have a delicious dinner, and drink lots upon lots. I'll post pictures on FB soon, I just want to print them out and bring them into work for everyone to see first. The day was freakin fantastic - gorgeous weather, I got one good bruise from paint ball (which is all I needed/wanted), it was so great to hang out with everyone from work with out having to fold napkins or deal with crochety old people or drunk women, and at one point I think I took 7 shots in a row. Hey! What do you expect?! It was free people!

And with that, I will leave you with a song that is quite popular down here at the moment. This song is dedicated to any and everyone who has rushed to the Villa before they stopped serving biscuits, had breakfast at IHOP (the pancake version) when they were dramatically hungover, or made a midnight (or later) run to the Waffle House. Cheers!

...okay, can that idea. My computer was being too slow (I mean it guys, computers should not take half an hour to put one song on my blog page thing.) So instead, to hear my dedicated song, just type "seth sentry the waitress song" into youtube. :) teehee! Love you!




Comments

  1. "Like Florida has its own presidents or something?" Ahh, the Villa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! And those stupid biscuits! P.S. I recently made a late night run to waffle house after the bars kicked us out and it was totally awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts