oh the places you will go


AUSA
AUSUSA



Australian. American. I think that I have always held both identities. It's been in me from being a "summer girl" teenager, down to being a little toddler who loved seafood, and way down to being a newborn given a name that only Australian's pronounce correctly on the first try. But I've got my cowboy boots now, and my Obama t-shirt. I've got pictures of football games and pictures of girls lined up in dresses for Prom. I can hold my own at a beer pong table, and every summer you know that my toe nails will be painted black. I've got this one memory of my foot getting too hot on the exhaust pipe of our brother's 4-wheeler when we were 5...but that one might actually not belong to me.


In any case, I'll only ever be as far away as a trip to the airport. As far away as the other end of a phone line...or other peak of a cell phone tower rather.





So I will see you when you're standing in front of me!
Cheers! xo

Comments

  1. I believe my shoe almost melted the whole way through on that fateful dirt bike ride when we were five. My shoes had large U shapes melted into them. But I miss you oodles! And you're actually on Skype talking to Mom right now, I can hear your voice from her computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found you in the blogosphere!! and will follow with rapt attention. hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear cara (and toff!).. hope your journey was great! I'm so glad I got to spent some quality lake time with you both before you departed. happiness to you in oz :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny I'm working nightshift but it's your daytime...hmmmm kinda upside downunder. We keep playing one sided phone/skype tag but we'll connect someday so keep trying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts