In case you haven't been paying attention...

I have a cup of tea beside me with a tag that says "Be proud of who you are." I just ate Ben & Jerry's Bonnaroo Buzz, curled up on the couch with mom. I have a sick husband tucked into bed, and am receiving a heavy stream of kicks from the Bump.

After our excellent Mom-(aka Memay)-hosted baby shower (which included games such as guess-which-chocolate-bar-is-melted-in-this-diaper, and presents such as Grandma Meme's hand-quilted owl blankie, Coro's hand-painted watercolor trio and3 hand-knit cardigans imported from Liam's G-ma in England) we set out to the lake house for a few days of sun soaked fun. And I can now officially confirm that a sober camporee is just as much fun as the many drunken ones I've experienced in the past - if not better because it was hangover free.

Today we got the keys to our new house. Which leads me to the following observation: married, pregnant, buying a house...just in case you haven't been paying attention (because apparently I haven't been) somewhere along the line here I became an adult.

But that's okay, because maturity is always optional.

Comments

Popular Posts